Sunday, August 28, 2011

EL TEMPLO!!!!

Sooo I'm at the SLC airport for the last time before heading back here for the MTC. It really isn't a huge deal especially because I feel like I know this place like the back of my hand. Flights to and from Phoenix area always in Gate B and the Arizona people are all over this joint. It isn't hard to tell who is from AZ. It's just a feeling. And the outfit of course. Haha usually the girls aren't too modest and the boys are in cut offs and vans so catching a non-mormon in this area is pretty easy.

I'm here because one of my good friends just had her wedding in Idaho Falls so I flew here to take the shuttle up there and have spent the weekend in Provo with my old roommates. They are such good people! I love Provo and the college atmosphere. It almost makes me want to stay for Junior year with my girls and live with them but I know that a mission is what I need to do. BYU will still be here when I get back even if all my friends are married... I hope they do get married though because after this month it's pretty much all I think about haha. How can I not think about it when I've been to three weddings this month?! I was able sit in on two of them and the ceremony is BEAUTIFUL. It's definitely a sweet spirit in those rooms, for sure.

I went to the Mesa temple for the first time on Friday, August 5 and I honestly don't know how to describe it. You'll just have to do what you need to do and get in there to experience it for yourself! My Stake President helped me to understand the temple a little more while he interviewed me for my recommend. He explained that the temple is for everyone. It's for you and for me and for anyone who wants to go! Before you can go inside though, you have to be willing to make certain sacrifices - things you promise to do and things you promise not to do. Honestly, it's that simple. I'm glad I've done what I needed to and that I havn't done what I'm not supposed to do so that I can be worthy to go in the temple. =D I've only been once but I'm anxious to get back.






Another thing that makes me happy about this whole temple thing is that I don't have to buy any new clothes! I'm proud of myself for being modest enough that my old clothes are still wearable even after going through the temple. It's a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment