Saturday, September 24, 2011

Forget Me Not


Forget not to be patient with myself 

- God is aware that we are not perfect. He is also aware that the people we think are perfect are not. =]
- It's part of my mortal experience that I have weaknesses. He wants me to become perfect and if I stay on His path, one day, I will.
- I need to stop punishing myself for being weak and to be understanding of my own shortcomings like I am of others.
- My journey toward perfection is long but I can find wonder and delight in even the tiniest steps.

Forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and foolish sacrifice
- Every sacrifice is different to people.
- There are many good things to do but I cannot do all of them.
- Keep an eternal perspective.

Forget not to be happy now
- I need to not worry about finding a "golden ticket", it doesn't hold the key to my happiness.
- There's nothing wrong with me wanting virtuous things, but I should NOT put my happiness on hold by waiting for my golden ticket to appear! Focussing on this will only make me grumpy, angry, and upset.
- I need to see the blessings that are around me and not stress over what I lack.
- This isn't to say I should abandon hope but I shouldn't close my eyes and hearts to the simple, elegant, beautiful moments of the day.
- The happiest people are those who wildly pursue the beauty and sweetness of the everyday moments. 

Forget not the WHY of the gospel
- Sometimes I overlook the vital aspect of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Sometimes I see the gospel as a long list of tasks that we must somehow fit in our busy schedule.
- The Gospel is not an obligation, it is a pathway leading to happiness in this life and glorious fulfillment in the life to come.
- When I remember "why", the Gospel becomes a joy and a delight, precious and sweet.
- Let us not walk with our eyes down! Seek out the majesty, beauty and joy of the Why of the Gospel! It sanctifies our actions, transforming the mundane into magnificence.

Forget not that the Lord loves me
- I know that I have never been forgotten.
- I know that I never will be forgotten.
- I am not forgotten.
- No matter how dark my days may seem, how insignificant I feel, Heavenly Father has not forgotten me!
- I am the daughter of His kingdom.
- Even when I feel lonely and make mistakes, His love can heal any hurt and soften any sorrow
- I am closer to Heaven than I know.
- I need to treasure the gift of service, seek out and help others who need my help and the Lord's.


Remember the Forget Me Nots. Be patient and compassionate with myself. Don't wait for a "golden ticket". Always, always remember that God loves me. Be happy with who I am! Look forward to bringing joy and the Gospel message to families in the future who need Heavenly Father's love in their lives!

-- Notes from Dieter F Uchtdorf's talk in the General Relief Society Broadcast, September 24, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment